Sometimes life should be simple and cute! :]

Sunday, October 23, 2011

a'hoy matey! Cardboard treasure chest!

           




This year Tyler and I are dressing up as pirates and thought it would be fun to make some decorations. Well if you haven't been shopping lately...decorations are expensive! So we decided to make a treasure chest using cardboard, some plank wood and ribbon! 


                                       First we cut a box down to the size we wanted
Next, we cut to half circle shapes, this is what your lid sits on

Attach the lid, we used hot glue :]
I cut 3 strips of ribbon, and 3 plank wood strips to put on my box
I added a dot of hot glue on them to give them that pop up look when i spray painted

Next, I spray painted my chest brown, and my embellishments gold
I hot glued the ribbon and wood to the box and added some cheap jewelry for "treasure"



                                                     

1 comment: